Our Service

Our Advocate has more than a decade of representing clients in the Tribunal system and can act and make decisions on your behalf.

The Tribunal will consider if your proposed representative:

  • Has sufficient knowledge of the issues to represent you effectively;
  • Can deal fairly and honestly with the Tribunal; and
  • Has permission to make decisions on your behalf.

Good news! Our Advocate has never been denied representation in the Tribunal.

Seeking Permission for an advocate to Represent You

The Tribunal will typically give permission in the following circumstances:

  • The other party is a lawyer or will be represented by a lawyer;
  • The other party is a government agency;
  • The Tribunal believes you will be at a disadvantage if you are not represented at the hearing; or
  • The Tribunal believes you should be represented because there will be complex issues of law or fact in the proceedings.
Represented without Permission

There are limited circumstances when permission of the Tribunal is not required to be represented. These include where:

  • You have been granted legal assistance under the Fair Trading Act 1987 (NSW);
  • You are a party to proceedings under the Retail Leases Act 1994 (NSW); or
  • You are a resident of a retirement village and your representative is a resident or the Residents Committee according to law.

Our Advocate has been representing our clients before the NSW Civil & Administrative Tribunal, The Guardianship Tribunal and the Mental Health Tribunal along with the Appeals Panel. We have extensive knowledge of the tribunal system and can guide you through the process.

If you have a dispute in NCAT then contact Our Advocate today!